Thursday, June 14, 2012

Crazyass Sellers and Blue Ideas

Wow, this blog was supposed to be about the beauty of restoring an old home's character, but today, I can't help but make the subject about the latest goings-ons with the SALE of the home.
As you read in the last blog, the owner has been up to no-good, and the current renter is letting me know. However, I found out last night that the tenant has been playing both sides, telling my agent I promised him he could stay in the house longer than the end of the month, then telling the seller that I keep showing up, cutting up floors, etc.
It's getting a little tense. Our agent is walking on egg shells to make sure this deal goes through. She can't mention the missing play structure and she can only abstractly insinuate that there was a minor flood in the basement. Why? Because the seller is so on edge that she is threatening to back out, sell it to others who "offered more", or keep it, put in some fixes and sell for "hundreds of thousands more". What?!
It really ticks me off. She also said the neigbhour, in no uncertain terms, "hates her" ever since he put up his fence and told her he would never like her and to stay away. Well duh. I work with the neighbour and from what I have seen, I can't blame him an iota.

It's all too much.

Meanwhile, I've been pinteresting away all sorts of ideas and themes for rooms that I won't even know are mine for another few weeks.

But here goes anyways. First there is this marvellous room I am starting to tire of, which is crazy. I thought I would copy this to a tee, but now I'm starting to find it a little boring.
Then there is this more cheery version of a blue room:
And lastly, a little over-the-top but at least not just blue:
I'm really digging yellow these days. Well, navy, bright blues, red and yellow. I guess I am loving primary colours? I guess this is why you make inspiration boards and such. You can go through a phase. I have to narrow down what I truly, truly love, and it will probably be red and blue. Or pinks and navies? Sitting in my office with a red sweater, red coffee mug and gold jewellery, this is probably a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's where you give me insight and feedback. I dare you....!