Friday, July 13, 2012

Floors

Kinda cool to see the before and after demo in the kitchen. The door looks smaller now that the ceiling is gone. Hm. Never would have thought about that. See that stack in the corner of the kitchen? Yeah, some errant plumber sawed off the joists in the corner to retrofit that way back in the day. So now that we see it, we should fix it. Another thing. And that plumbing going horizontal from the stack? Well, we need to figure out with a good plumber how to minimize that (into the wall?). Because there ain't no room for a kitchen on that wall with all the plumbing. And I hate the old layout with the fridge blocking the door. Just seems wrong. Not everyone agrees with me, but that's me.



 This is the result of last night's filling of the cracks session. Below shows a little more of the battle fought in that the floor just looks dusty and muddy. Apparently we did  need a filler (as Mr Google informed me). Luckily Terry over at Timber Realization Centre is my new bff and he helped me track down the right thinner this morning to thin out this peanut buttery goo and I got my stain, urethane and he threw in a free fluffy mop for me too!





\

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's where you give me insight and feedback. I dare you....!