Friday, July 13, 2012

Victorian? Huh??

So based on the aspect of the gable, facing sideways to the street, meaning basically the house is wide and not long, I was SURE (SURE!!) that we had a colonial revival. Now don't get me wrong, this house is the next thing up from an eyesore right now. I'm aware. And even with some love, it will never be an unique Colonial, but it gave me a place to go from when accepting or searching for furniture, fixtures, etc.

However, the heat register peaked my interest tonight, so I did a little zooming in on our photos and a little google image search and voila, I got a Victorian register come up. Weird right?
Here is a description from http://www.columbusarchitecturalsalvage.com:

DESCRIPTION:
Very nice vintage/antique architectural salvage cast iron heat register grate with operable louvers. This heat grate has a wonderful Victorian sunburst design and measures approximately 10" x 12" (insert dimensions) and 12" x 14" (overall dimensions).

The price said $75. Hmm, cool. No idea what the accuracy is, or the story behind the design, but I have another thing to read about while sitting at home with a sleeping Charlie while Justin does all the grunt work. A little sad about that actually:(  But at least I'm kept occupied in ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's where you give me insight and feedback. I dare you....!