Saturday, May 12, 2012

Best Colour Blog and Dark Colour Inspiration!

I've been reading the best blog by Maria Killam called Color Me Happy. She's over at http://www.mariakillam.com/blog. I liken her to being a savant about interior colour as Paul Grilley is to Yoga. Knowing about 2 people know Paul Grilley, let's just say  he coined the term Yin Yoga and is basically the only person in the world who knows that bone structure is indicative of your potential physically, while everyone else is telling you to just work harder/wait longer and you'll touch your nose to your knees, etc. You won't. Well, I won't. Anyways, this is about a house right?

I'm going to spend the cash and hire Miss Maria for our new house so we don't hate our walls. I've painted before, and inevitably I blame Justin for EVERY mistake I make. He is no good at the stuff, and obviously I'm not, but it's a huge deal. We're going to have to paint our new *fab* cupboards in this post and I don't want to end up with purple white instead of white white, etc. (did it before, yup).

I'm loving this kitchen as inspiration


I'm also totally engrossed with using dark navy in the new house as per Leah Moss from apartment therapy's style here  http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/leah-richs-evolving-patina-house-tour-167165 and here is the room that inspires me the most.
The cool thing is we have a similar print to the one in the photo, by Charles Russel below.
                                        

I hated it forever, but after having it in our bathroom (I actually thought it would get ruined in there, but instead I ended up loving it!), I'm ready to take the step and upgrade it to a non-poop room! And now that I've learned from Maria that rooms with less windows, like our new home, actually do better with dark colours, I'm excited to go navy!! Here is our new house bathroom that is burgundy and thus proving Maria right! It's gorgeous, esp with the white wainscotting to offset it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's where you give me insight and feedback. I dare you....!