Monday, May 14, 2012

Red stools...hmm...the sitting kind

Heehee, I said stool.
Anyways, I saw this on Young House Love this morning and was inspired.
These are our stools.
I bought the one on the right in the As-Is of Ikea for $10 many years ago, and she has always managed to squeek by the "keep or discard" moment of moving homes. When our agent saw her, she advised us to paint the one on the left with red to match and leave them there at our bar for potential buyers. Granted, they are too short, but she was thinking of making us look "funky". Convincing J to paint his stool, eeked out in High School Shop, red, was hard and now that it's done, I can't say it looks great. We used Apple Red spray paint, when I would have preferred to paint it with a colour matching the original stool. Oh well.

Anyways, maybe I can summon up some DIYer energy and convince J to go one step further and fabric-ize his stool now??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's where you give me insight and feedback. I dare you....!